New settings on work orders and work order line items let you specify how long the work will take and who’s qualified to do it. This feature is available in both Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
- Estimate the Duration
- The new Duration and Duration Type fields
indicate how long a work order or work order line item should take to complete. Select a
duration type—Minutes or Hours—and
then enter a duration. For example, if a work order is expected to take four hours, enter
4 in the Duration field and select
Hours in the Duration Type field.
Child service appointments inherit the duration values, although you can update them. If a work order or work order line item includes a work type, the duration values are inherited from the work type.
- Add Required Skills
- If a work order or work order line item can only be completed by a service resource with a
particular set of skills, specify which skills are needed in the Skill Requirements related list.
Sample work order with skill requirements, resource preferences, and service appointments:
- Navigate to the record that needs required skills.
- In the Skill Requirements related list, click New.
- Select a skill. Skills must be created in Setup before they can be added as a requirement.
- Enter a skill level from 0 to 99.99 based on how your business measures skill level.
- Click Save. The skill now appears in the Skill Requirements related list on the record.