Update Fields from the Report Run Page with Inline Editing (Beta)
Where: These changes are available in Lightning Experience in Group, Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.
How: First, contact Salesforce Customer Support and request to have inline editing turned on. Then in Setup, from Reports and Dashboards Settings, select Enable Inline Editing in Reports (Lightning Experience only), and save your changes.
You’re now set to go. Open a report and hover over the text, numeric, or checkbox field that you want to edit. If you see a pencil icon, you can click it, modify the value, and then save. The field value is updated on the report and in the source record, and the report reruns automatically.
A lock icon means that the field isn’t available for inline editing.
Inline editing isn’t supported for these fields and field types.
- Task and event object fields
- System fields such as Record ID and Created Date
- Compound fields, including name and address fields
- Custom date/time fields
- Encrypted text fields
- Formula fields
- Standard fields of type date/time, auto number, rollup summary, record type, master-detail, long text area, rich text, or hierarchy
- Other fields where editing isn’t permitted due to restrictions in the page layout or record type