Parts and Van Stock consists of the Product Item object and three related lists: Required Products, Consumed Products, and Product Item Transactions.
- The Product Item object associates a product with a location.
- The Required Products related list is added to the work order or work order line item to track parts needed of a job type.
- The Consumed Products related list is added to the work order or work order line item to track the parts used to complete the work.
- The Product Item Transactions related list is added to the Product Item object to track the use and restock of the product at its location.
- The existing Product object has four new fields:
- External Data Source: Lookup field to an external source
- External Id: Text field for the product’s public identifier
- Display URL: Product web address up to 1000 characters
- Quantity Unit of Measure: Picklist of measurement
We enhanced Product data model to account for Unit of Measure and External datasource There are four fields we added to Product: External Id, External DataSource, Display URL and Unit Of Measure.
Product Items associate your parts to your service locations, such as vans, warehouses, and work sites.
On the Product Item tab, you can:
- Click the product’s item number to go to the product item detail page. There you’ll find the Product Item Transactions related list.
- Click the product’s name to go to the product’s detail page, which includes the related price book.
- Click the part’s location to go to the location’s detail page.
- View the part quantity at the location.
You can also create, edit, and delete product Items.
Products Required is a related list of parts needed for a work type, work order, or work order line item.
You can create, edit, and delete required parts from the related list.
Products Consumed is a related list of parts used to complete work order or work order line item.
You can create, edit, and delete consumed parts from the related list. When parts are recorded as consumed, their quantity on hand is decreased accordingly on the Product Item.
Product Item Transaction is a related list of actions taken on the product item.
Product item transactions are:
- Replenished: When the quantity of the part is created at its location.
- Consumed: When parts are consumed to complete a work order or work order line item. The technician updates the products consumed related list on the work order or work order line item.
- Adjusted: When there is a discrepancy. Adjustments are made by editing the product item quantity on hand.
Product Items connect your service parts to your service locations. Products Required allows you to suggest parts needed for work types. Products Consumed connects the parts needed to complete a work order successfully. While Product Item Transaction tracks the part restock flow.