|Available in: Developer, Enterprise, Group, Performance, Professional, and Unlimited Editions|
Best of all, there’s no setup required and you don’t have to create templates from Microsoft® Word®.
Email and templates are so easy in Lightning Experience. From an account, contact, lead, or opportunity record, you and your users can click the Email tab (1) to get started on a single email or a template. If a record has a contact or lead, it’s automatically added to the To field (2). Rich text options jazz things up, and links can be added, as well (3).
Attach files, add merge fields, and create or select a template (4). Or clear it all out to start again (5). Merge fields (6) are available for emails and templates. Preview your email or template to make sure that it reads the way you want it to. Read to send? Go for it! (7).
So your organization can take full advantage of attachments in Email, we recommend that you enable Chatter and Content Deliveries for your organization.
Make sure that Shared Activities is enabled for optimal email task creation. If Shared Activities is enabled and a user sends email to multiple contacts, Salesforce creates a single closed task for that email and each contact record links to that task. If Shared Activities is not enabled and a user sends email to multiple contacts, Salesforce creates duplicate closed tasks: one for each of those contacts. For more information, see “Considerations for Enabling Shared Activities (Multiple Contacts on an Activity)” in the Salesforce Help.
Make sure that you understand access and sharing for Email merge fields, templates, and attachments, as explained in these release notes.
Is your company conducting a trial of Salesforce? Make sure to let your users know that they need to verify their identity with Salesforce before they can send email. But we prompt them, as well.
Email templates can be deleted only by Salesforce administrators or via the API.
- Mass Email is not available.
- Mass Email Merge is not available.
- Email templates created in Salesforce Classic can’t be used in Lightning Experience, and vice versa.
- Email is not available for cases, campaigns, person accounts, or custom objects.
- Text, HTML with letterhead, and Visualforce templates are not available. Templates in Lightning Experience are custom HTML.
- You can’t attach files from Salesforce Files Connect, such as Google Drive files or Microsoft SharePoint® files, to emails in Lightning Experience.
- Automatic BCC, which lets users automatically receive copies of sent emails, is not available in Lightning Experience.