Record actions (1), standard and custom record buttons (2), and actions from the publisher (3) are now located in the action bar (4) or in the action menu (5), which displays all actions that are available on a given page. The images displayed on action icons have been redesigned.
The action bar is present on the feed, groups, user profiles, dashboards, and standard and custom object record views. The actions that are available depend on where a user is in Salesforce1, and to some extent on how you’ve configured page layouts and publisher layouts for your organization.
Users may see some or all of these kinds of actions in the action bar (including the action menu).
- Record actions—These actions are available on accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities, person accounts, and mobile calendar events in Salesforce Today. They’ve moved from the highlights area to fixed positions in the action bar.
- Custom and standard buttons—Buttons (such as Edit, Delete, or Clone) that are included on an object’s page layout are available for records in Salesforce1 as actions in the action bar. With the exception of the Edit button, which is in a fixed position, the order of these actions in the action bar is determined by the order of the buttons on the page layout.
- Publisher actions—These actions have moved from the publisher action tray to the action bar. If you add, remove, or reorder actions in either the global publisher layout or on an object’s page layout, these changes are reflected in Salesforce1. However, depending on the object, some publisher actions are in a fixed position in the action bar.
- Standard Chatter publisher actions—Actions unique to Chatter, such as Post, File, Link, or Poll, have also moved from the publisher action tray to the action bar. For some objects, the Post action is in a fixed position that overrides your publisher layouts.
For more information about which actions are displayed, and in which order, see How Actions Are Ordered in the Salesforce1 Action Bar and List Item Actions.
What are the exceptions?
- On record feeds, the Follow/Unfollow button remains at the top of the page.
- On public group feeds, the Join Group button remains at the top of the page, but the Leave Group button is in the action bar. On private group feeds, the Ask to Join/Leave Group buttons are in the action bar.
- On record search pages for objects, the New button remains at the top of the page.
What does this mean for custom branding?
Because the publisher () doesn’t exist anymore in the mobile browser app or in version 7.0 or later of the downloadable apps, it’s no longer applicable to configure a custom publisher icon for these apps. However, if you set a custom background color for Salesforce1, the action bar displays that color.
- The icon should be 72 x 72 pixels. Use the full pixel area for the image—don’t leave spacing around the image like before.
- Make the image a PNG with a transparent background, with a file size that is less than 10k.
- Have a resolution of 72 dpi.
- The icon graphic should be white, or lighter than the background color.
- Avoid heavy inner or outer shadows.
- Use simple and flat styling resembling the Salesforce1 icon family.