Concurrently with the Salesforce DX Beta release, customers can participate in the Pilot release of Second-Generation Packaging (Packaging 2).
We’ve been re-imagining packaging and actively working on how it should work in Salesforce DX. This Pilot of Packaging 2 gives you a chance to see where we’re going. Packaging 2 adds several exciting options to Salesforce DX:
- Better organize your source and more easily share Apex code by defining multiple packages within a single namespace. This lets you use public Apex classes to share code across packages rather than using global Apex classes.
- Implement feature branch development and testing.
- Install multiple packages in one transaction, with pre- and post-install scripts.
- Use a command line interface to enable fully API-driven development.
- Develop packages that are source-driven, not org-based.
- Easily develop and distribute dependent packages.