Information for Pilot Participants
Read this if you participated in the Salesforce DX Pilot and want to transition to Beta.
New Features for Beta
- Check Out These New CLI Commands
- Dev Hub Replaces Environment Hub for Managing Scratch Orgs
- The Dev Hub gives you and your team the ability to create and manage scratch orgs. It's now
easy to link a namespace to your Dev Hub and use it when you build and release your app with
- You Can Now Indicate Scratch Org Definition Values on the Command Line
- A scratch org definition file is no longer required. When creating a scratch org, you can
indicate scratch org values directly on the command line using key-value pairs.
- Source Format Changes
- Custom objects and custom object translation are broken down for easier management with
your version control system.
- Documents are now stored in their native extensions (instead of
.documents) in your Salesforce DX project.
- You Can Specify an installationkey (Password) When You Create a Managed Package
- The installation key supplied in the CLI is equivalent to the password you see when working
with managed packages in the Salesforce UI.
- Automatically Add Package Components to Your Managed Package and Packaging Org
- When you convert Metadata API source to Salesforce DX source using force:source:convert, specify the new —packagename option.
- Output for source:org:list Has a New Look
- The output now separates scratch orgs into their own section. It now includes connection
status, and which Dev Hub org or scratch org is the default.