Let Salesforce users access and share files from Microsoft’s latest cloud-based content system. Fully integrate your external content by including it in global Salesforce searches.
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|User Permissions Needed|
|To enable Files Connect, create an external data source, and include that source in global search:||“Customize Application”|
The following online Help topics outline the setup process. (When Spring ’15 is released, these will include additional configuration details for OneDrive for Business.)
- Enable Files Connect for your organization.
- Let users access OneDrive for Business.
- Create an authentication provider for OneDrive for Business.
- Define an external data source for OneDrive for Business.
- To let users access external data in global Salesforce searches, create an external object and give users access to its fields. This is an optional step, but highly recommended to best integrate external data with Salesforce.
- Ask users to provide their data source credentials. Now they can download and share external files via the Files tab and feed, and search for them right alongside their Salesforce content.