View Org Changes in One Location with Release Updates (Generally Available)
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in all editions, except Database.com.
- Use tabs to view release updates for a specific category. Archived replaces the Steps Completed tab previously available in beta. When you view updates in Due Soon, Overdue, or Archived, a banner appears at the top indicating the status of the update. For example, a completed update in Archived displays the text “You’ve completed all recommended steps.” It also includes enforcement information.
- Check the Complete Steps By date. Salesforce recommends completing your testing by this date because testing is not always supported beyond it.
- To check the release in which Salesforce enforces the update, use the Enforcement Scheduled or Enforced In information. In the beta release, we indicated the enforcement information with “Automatically enforced in.” To find out where to get the major release upgrade date for your instance, hover over the tooltip.
- Get quick information about an update without leaving the home page by clicking View Details.
- Start or stop a test run, complete update steps, and view step update history by clicking Get Started.
If extra steps have been added to an update since its original release, look for a horn icon, which indicates that the update has new steps to complete.