Enable Migration of Deprecated Metadata in Unlocked Packages
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, and all versions of the Salesforce app in Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Why: Previously, you had to use the UI to manually remove the installed metadata from the original package because deprecate-upon-upgrade metadata was still associated with the package. You couldn’t install a new package containing that metadata without the manual step.
- Identify the metadata to be moved from package A to package B.
- Remove the metadata from package A, create a version, and release the package.
- Add the metadata to package B, create a version, and release the package.
- In your production org, upgrade package A.
- In your production org, install package B.