Lightning for Gmail: Increase Productivity with Inbox Beta for Gmail (Beta)
Where: This feature is available for an extra cost in Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Essentials, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Who: Inbox Beta for Gmail is available to users with an Inbox license who have the Lightning for Gmail add-in installed and are running in Gmail.
Why: Using Inbox Beta for Gmail features, sales reps can be even more productive.
- See custom objects as related Salesforce objects. Lightning for Gmail suggests accounts, opportunities, and cases that match addresses on emails and events. In Inbox Beta for Gmail, you can also set custom objects to include in the suggested list of matching records.
- See who’s reading your emails. Set an email to be tracked so you know when it was read and whether any included links were clicked. No more guessing about when it’s time to follow up and whether your prospects are engaged.
- Schedule emails to send later. Timing is everything. Write an email, and schedule it to send at a specific date and time. Scheduling emails is especially useful when sales reps work different hours than their customers and prospects. They can now make sure that their message is received at the most strategic time.
- Insert your meeting availability. Avoid back-and-forth emails when scheduling meetings. Sales reps insert open slots from their calendar directly into the body of an email. Recipients can click an available option to book the time.
- Save and insert your most common phrases. Create shortcuts for the phrases you use the most and let us do your typing for you. Shortcuts save you time and help to ensure consistency in the messages you write. Use shortcuts for smaller sections of text that don’t require an email template.
How: An Inbox license is required to run Inbox features. If you’re using Lightning for Gmail, contact your Salesforce representative to purchase Inbox. Assign each sales rep the Inbox With Einstein Activity Capture or the Inbox Without Einstein Activity Capture permission set, depending on your Einstein Activity Capture setup. To move to Inbox Beta for Gmail (Beta) from Salesforce Inbox, each sales rep replaces the Salesforce Inbox Chrome extension with the Inbox Beta for Gmail Chrome extension.