Edit Joined Reports with Lightning Report Builder (Beta)
- To view joined reports in Lightning Experience, you need the Run Reports user permission.
- To create or edit joined reports, you need one of these permissions: Create and Customize Reports, Report Builder, or Report Builder (Lightning Experience).
Why: Work with joined reports in Lightning Experience's modern interface and take advantage of Lightning Experience's productivity-improving features like report run page filtering. Edit joined filters, groups (including cross-block groups), and columns with the Lightning report builder.
How: If necessary, turn on the Lightning joined reports beta. From Setup, enter Reports in the Quick Find box, then select Reports and Dashboards Settings. Select Enable Lightning Joined Reports (Beta), and then click Save.
To edit a joined report with the Lightning report builder, click Edit (Beta).
Work with joined reports on the joined report run page just like you work with other reports in Lightning Experience. For example, to work with filters, click .
- Edit filters while viewing
- Add to Dashboard
- Sort columns and groups
- Features Not Available
- These features aren't available in the Lightning Experience report builder, but they
are available in the embedded Salesforce Classic report builder. To open the Salesforce
Classic report builder in Lightning Experience, click either New Report
(Salesforce Classic) or Edit (Salesforce Classic).
Editing and building feature gaps and limitations include:
- Creating joined reports
- Adding or removing blocks and report types
- Renaming blocks
- Reordering blocks
- Changing the principal report type
- Adding and editing custom summary formulas and cross-block custom summary formulas
- Running and reading feature gaps and limitations include:
- Open in Quip
- Chatter feeds
- Einstein Data Insights (Beta)