Do More with Themes and Added Options
We added two themes: Ember includes a stacked header; and Webster provides a search-first approach. We also added options to improve use and make working with themes easier.
Where: This feature is available in Lightning communities accessed through Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. Communities are available in Essentials, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Why: We’re always working to make Communities better and more flexible for you. That means we’re also making lots of little tweaks alongside some of the bigger ones. Here’s a list of some small stuff with significant impact in this release.
- Do more with themes. The new color property in your header background improves menu visibility during scrolling when Pin to Header and Hero Under Nav are enabled.
- The new compact header type lets you position your logo left, right, or center. It also includes slide-out navigation, and you can place navigation on the right or left side.
- You can show all components regardless of page type.
- The Change Themes wizard is always ordered newest to oldest.
- You can now create pages and routes in a community from standard pages that weren’t installed at template creation time.
- The trash can icon has been changed to the more universal red X to indicate delete functions in several dialogs for more consistency.