Break Up Your Record Details with Dynamic Forms (Non-GA Preview)
Why: The more fields on your page layout, the more that the Record Detail component becomes a monolithic block of fields that you can’t customize. With Dynamic Forms, you can migrate the fields and sections from your page layout as individual components into the Lightning App Builder. Then, you can configure them just like the rest of the components on the page, and give users only the fields and sections that they need.
- An instant upgrade from page layouts: Place fields and sections wherever you want.
- Better page performance: Put fields and sections into accordion components or tabs to significantly improve page load times.
- Dynamic layouts: Use visibility rules to show and hide fields and sections.
- Simpler layout management:
- Manage the fields and sections on your pages in the Lightning App Builder without touching the page layout editor.
- Reduce the number of page layouts you need with component visibility rules.
- Take advantage of a single assignment model for the Lightning page instead of the dual model of assigning a Lightning page and a page layout.
After you enable Dynamic Forms, new features appear in the Lightning App Builder. A new Fields tab in the component palette contains Field and Field Section components, which are the building blocks for Dynamic Forms.
How do you get started? Open an existing record page in the Lightning App Builder, then click Upgrade Now from the Record Detail properties pane to launch the Dynamic Forms migration wizard. With only a few clicks, the wizard adds fields and field sections to the page for you.
Migration isn’t the only path. You can also build your pages from scratch. Create a fresh Lightning record page, and start dragging fields and sections anywhere you want onto the page. And as you configure fields and sections, you get help from new in-app tips, created just for Dynamic Forms-driven pages.