Review Important Org Changes with Release Updates (Beta)
Understand and act on updates that impact your Salesforce org using an improved user interface. View your updates and alerts information in a single, easy-to-use page.
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, and all versions of the Salesforce app in all editions, except Database.com.
Why: Release Updates offers a more detailed view of information previously found in the Critical Updates console. The page also contains information found in the Security Alerts node. (Security alerts functionality remains the same.) Use tabs to filter for the information that you want to see. When you perform an action on an update, a series of detailed steps helps you to evaluate the impact on your org. You can adopt the update early or, depending on your org, use the recommended test run option.
How: From Setup, type Release Updates in Quick Find. The release updates page has four tabs: Needs Action, Due Soon, Overdue, and Steps Completed. The page view defaults to Needs Action. From this tab, select a release update to review. You can:
- Check the Complete Steps By date; testing may not be supported after this date.
- View the release in which an update is automatically enforced. (In Critical Updates, the Auto-Activation date field contained this information in a date format.) To get the major release upgrade date for your instance, go to Trust Status, search for your instance, and click the maintenance tab.
- Learn more about an update, including the impact you can expect it to have on your org, by clicking View Details.
- Start or stop a test run, and view step update history by clicking Get Started.
- Proceed with the update steps and confirm when you finish them.