Gain Insights on Data Directly in Snowflake (Beta)
Where: This change applies to Einstein Analytics in Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. Einstein Analytics is available in Developer Edition and for an extra cost in Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited editions.
Who: Exploring Snowflake data using a live connection requires the Explore External Data Directly permission.
- To opt your org into the Salesforce Direct Data for Snowflake (Beta), select Enable Einstein Analytics Direct Data for external data sources in the Analytics Settings page.
- On the Connect tab of the Einstein Analytics data manager, click Connect to Data.
- Click Add Connection on the Live Connections tab and enter its settings.
When setting up the connection, use the Analytics app setting to control which Salesforce users, roles, and groups have access to explore Snowflake data with the connection. When done, click Save or Save and Test.
From the All Items tab in Analytics Studio, users can view the Snowflake connections under Live Data.
- Charts, values, and pivot tables
- Fields panel
- Query actions
- Filtering on measures, dimensions, and absolute and relative dates
- Filter logic and aggregate filters