Einstein Next Best Action: Use Strategies to Recommend Actions and Offers (Pilot)
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Why: For example, when a sales rep opens a contact record, the Einstein Recommendations component runs a strategy that displays recommended offers for that contact.
- The first offer is recommended because the customer’s credit score is above a certain threshold.
- Other offers are recommended because the customer’s satisfaction score is above average, and upsells are deemed appropriate.
How: Create propositions to represent your custom offers and actions. When a user accepts a proposition by clicking the button, a screen flow is launched.
Build recommendation strategies that query data, make decisions, and filter or sort propositions.
Display recommendations for a given strategy by adding the right Lightning component to your pages. For Lightning pages, add the Einstein Recommendations component. For Lightning community pages, add the Recommended Actions component. For Visualforce pages, use Lightning Out to add the lightning:nextBestAction component.
Related Updates for Developers
- Lightning Components
- New component: lightning:nextBestActions
- Chatter REST API
- New resources: Get a proposition, get recommendations for a strategy, and record user reactions to recommendations
- Chatter in Apex
- New methods: Get a proposition, get recommendations for a strategy, and record user reactions to recommendations