To create an outbound change set for a community, go to Outbound Change Sets in Setup and choose the Network component type. Add your community to the change set and include the dependent components. We recommend selecting all the dependencies listed.
- For Communities, you can only make updates with change sets, which means that you can’t create a new community directly from an inbound change set. Instead, in the destination org, first create a community with the same name and then deploy the inbound change set.
- When you deploy an inbound change set, it completely overwrites the community in the destination org. For example, let’s say you delete pages from a community in sandbox and then create an updated outbound change set. When you redeploy the change set in a destination org, such as production, the pages are deleted there also.
- Navigation Menu items are supported. However, for menu items that link to objects, list views are reset to the default list view. Also, custom list views for standard objects aren't included as dependencies.
- Only the following Administration settings (in Workspaces or Community Management) are supported:
- Change password page
- Forgot password page
- Home page
- Login page
- Allow internal users to log in directly to the community option
- The following items aren’t supported:
- Page variations and audience targeting
- Navigational and featured topics
Community migration is also supported via the Metadata API.