Let’s say you have a financial services community and you want your clients and your brokers to see a different Home page based on their profile. You can create two variations of the Home page, each with content targeting a specific audience—clients and brokers in this case—and set the visibility of each page to different profiles. All members go to the same URL, but clients see Home A, whereas brokers see Home B.
Who Exactly Sees What?
All this magic happens in the Page Manager area, where we’ve added a Page Variations tab for each page. Choose from three visibility options that, when combined with a page’s published status, determine whether a page is visible to community members.
- Default: All users unless set by profile
- When the page is published, it’s visible to all valid community members, except members whose profiles are assigned to a different page variation. One default variation is required.
- By Profile
- When the page is published, it’s visible only to users with the selected profiles.
- Even if the page is published, it’s not visible to users.
- Home A is visible only to Profile A members.
- Home B is visible only to Profile B members, but they can’t see pending changes.
- Home C isn’t visible.
- Home D is visible to all members, except Profile A or Profile B members.
- Home E isn’t visible.
We’ve made quite a few changes to the Page Manager area to accommodate profile-based page visibility. But there’s more to see, so ramble over to the enhanced Page Manager to learn more.