Entitlement management and work orders are tying the knot, and you’re invited! With milestones now available on work orders, you can link entitlement to work orders and define and track required steps in your field service process. This feature is available in Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, the Salesforce1 mobile browser app, the Salesforce1 downloadable app for Android, version 9.0 or later, and the Salesforce1 downloadable app for iOS, version 10.0 or later.
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
Previously, entitlement management was just available for cases. Now you can specify whether an entitlement process can enforce milestones on cases or on work orders. The new Entitlement Process Type field indicates how the process will be used:Milestones help you enforce the terms in your customer support agreements. For example, you can:
- Create an Assignment milestone to ensure that new work orders are assigned to a technician within 1 hour of being created
- Create a Resolution Time milestone to ensure that high-priority work orders are closed within 48 hours
If entitlement management is already set up in your org, complete these steps to get started with milestones on work orders:
- Add the Work Orders related list to entitlement page layouts.
- Add the milestone tracker to work order feed layouts and as a custom console component to let agents keep an eye on active milestones.
- Add the Milestones related list to work order page layouts to display the milestones on a work order.
- Add the following fields to work order page layouts.
- Business Hours—The business hours that the work order follows
- Entitlement Name—The entitlement associated with the work order
- Entitlement Process End Date—The date the entitlement process stops running on the work order
- Entitlement Process Start Date—The date the entitlement process started running on the work order
- Milestone Status—The status of an active milestone
- Milestone Status Icon—An icon that corresponds to the milestone status
- To view a list of work orders with milestones in your org, use the Object Milestones custom report type to create a work order report.
- Considerations for Lightning Experience Users
- Milestones are view only in Lightning Experience. To manage milestones, switch to Salesforce Classic.
- The Object Milestones related list and milestone tracker aren’t available in Lightning Experience.
- Clicking a milestone-related feed item on a work order in Lightning Experience redirects you to Salesforce Classic.
- Considerations for Salesforce1 Users
- The milestone tracker is not available in Salesforce1.