The Salesforce Lightning Inspector is a Google Chrome DevTools extension that helps you debug Lightning components and profile component performance.
We released this extension in February 2016. Check it out if you haven’t seen it already!
The extension helps you to:
- Navigate the component tree in your app, inspect components and their associated DOM elements.
- Identify performance bottlenecks by looking at a graph of component creation time.
- Debug server interactions faster by monitoring and modifying responses.
- Test the fault tolerance of your app by simulating error conditions or dropped action responses.
- Track the sequence of event firing and handling for one or more actions.
The Chrome extension adds a Lightning tab to the DevTools menu. Use the sub tabs to inspect different aspects of your app.
For details on use and installation, see the Lightning Components Developer Guide.