Whether it’s instructions, product specs, or guidelines, information is a field technician’s best friend. Now, you can attach Knowledge articles to work orders and work order line items so that technicians in the field can quickly find important information. This feature is available in Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, the Salesforce1 mobile browser app, the Salesforce1 downloadable app for Android, version 9.0 or later, and the Salesforce1 downloadable app for iOS, version 10.0 or later.
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions with the Service Cloud|
View and change attached articles from the new Articles related list on work orders and work order line items(1). View a linked article’s properties by clicking View, and view the article itself by clicking its title (2). Manage attached articles and search the Knowledge base from the Knowledge One widget in the console sidebar (3). Each article’s action menu (4) contains the option to attach or detach it.When you attach an article, that version of the article stays associated with the work order or line item even if later versions are published. You can detach and reattach an article to ensure that users see the latest version.
To let users attach articles to work orders or work order line items:
- Add the Knowledge One widget to the console sidebar for work orders or work order line items.
- Add the Articles related list to the work order or work order line item detail page layouts.
- Considerations for Lightning Experience Users
- Considerations for Salesforce1 Users
- In Salesforce1, linked articles can’t be accessed from feed items.
- In Salesforce1, linked articles are view only. Technicians on the go can search the Knowledge base and read attached articles, but they can’t attach or detach articles. To manage linked article settings and attach or detach articles, use the full Salesforce site.