|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- Chatter text, file, and link posts
- Questions in Chatter that are associated with the case
- Case emails
The community case feed is available in all communities built on the self-service community templates, as well as those built on the Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce template. It can be added to new communities created after the Summer ‘15 release or to communities that have been upgraded to the Summer ‘15 templates.
New Features for Support Agents
- Post to Cases or Community Questions in the Console
- The Community action in the case feed makes it easy for agents make Chatter posts on cases,
answer community questions, and adjust the visibility of posts.Posting on a case with the Community action makes the post visible to all internal and external users with access to the case:If a case originates from a question in the community, the Community action displays two options:
- Select Customer Case to make a post visible to all internal and external users with access to the case.
- Select Community Question to post a public answer on the community user’s question.
- Edit the Visibility of Published Case Posts
- When necessary, agents can change the external visibility of a published text, link, or
file post on a case. This option is available only if the compact case feed is enabled.
In the post’s drop-down menu in the compact case feed, agents can select Make Public to make an internal post visible to external users with access to a case. Conversely, selecting Make Private makes a post visible to internal users only. Making a post private means a customer no longer sees the post in their case feed. However, keep in mind that the customer could have been notified by email when it was first posted.
To edit Chatter posts on a case, agents need the “Edit My Own Posts” and “Edit Posts on Records I Own” user permissions.