|Lightning App Builder available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- Single-page applications that drill down into standard pages
- Dashboard-style applications, such as apps to track top sales prospects or key leads for the quarter
- “Point” applications to solve a particular task, such as an expense app for users to enter and monitor expenses
You can access the Lightning App Builder in Setup, in the Build section. The Lightning App Builder’s user interface makes creating app pages for Salesforce1 easy. Here’s a breakdown of the parts of the tool.
- Header (1)
- The header shows you the label of your Lightning Page. It also gives you the opportunity to return to Setup without saving or to view additional help.
- Toolbar (2)
- Use the buttons in the toolbar to cut (), copy (), and paste () page content; and to undo (), redo (), save, or activate your App Home page. You can also view your page in different formats and adjust the canvas size to fit your view.
- Lightning Components Pane (3)
- The components pane contains all standard and custom Lightning components that are
supported for your App Home page. Click and drag a component to add it to the page.
You can also access third-party custom components on the AppExchange using the button at the bottom of the pane.
- Canvas (4)
- The canvas area is where you build your page.
- Properties Pane (5)
- Depending on what you select on the page, the properties pane shows either the overall page properties or the properties of the component that you’ve selected.
Lightning Pages are the underlying technology for the Lightning App Builder. Lightning Pages are built using Lightning components—compact, configurable, and reusable elements that you can drag and drop into the Lightning App Builder.
- Standard Components
- Standard components are Lightning components built by Salesforce. The
Lightning App Builder supports
these standard Lightning
- Filter List (List View)
- Recent Items
- Report Chart
- Rich Text
- Visualforce Page
- Custom Components
- Custom components are Lightning components that you or someone else have created. With some modifications, custom Lightning components can work in the Lightning App Builder. For more information, see the Lightning Components Developer’s Guide.
- Third-Party Components on AppExchange
- The AppExchange provides a marketplace for Lightning components. You can find packages containing components already configured and ready to use in the Lightning App Builder.
Actions add interactivity to your app. You can add global actions to an App Home page in the Lightning App Builder. When users visit your page in Salesforce1, the assigned global actions appear in the page’s action bar.
For complete instructions on using the Lightning App Builder, see the Salesforce Help.