We’ve made it easier for console users to find, access, and update tabs.
- Reopen Last-Closed Tabs
- Your users can now reopen any primary tabs that they closed accidentally by clicking a button or by pressing a keyboard shortcut. From the tab bar, click and select Reopen last-closed tab, or press SHIFT + C. Users can reopen up to ten closed tabs.
- Pin Primary Tabs
- Now your users can pin their favorite or most frequently visited tabs to the tab bar for
instant access. Pinning a tab is easy. From the tab bar, click and
next to a tab. When a tab is pinned, it’s moved to the front of the tab bar, and its text
is removed to provide more screen space.
Unpinning a tab is easy too. Click and select . To rearrange pinned tabs, drag them to any location on the tab bar before the first unpinned tab. Users can’t pin tabs for new-unsaved records or new tabs that appear by clicking . Pinned tabs are unavailable for Internet Explorer® 7 and 8.
- To save users’ pinned tabs after they close their browsers or log out of a Salesforce console, check Save User Sessions for each console. See Save User Sessions for a Salesforce Console.
- Bookmark Primary Tabs
- Users can now bookmark their favorite or occasionally visited tabs for quick access.
Bookmarking a tab is simple. From the tab bar, click and
next to a tab. When a tab is bookmarked, it’s moved to the History component in the footer
(formerly named Most Recent Tabs).
Removing a bookmarked tab is easy too. Click and select , or click Remove next to the tab in the History component. Additionally, from the History component, your users can click Get link to share the URL of the bookmarked tab with other Salesforce users. Bookmarked tabs are unavailable for Internet Explorer® 7 and 8.
- Most Recent Tabs Component Renamed History
- Most Recent Tabs has been renamed to History and bookmarks were added to it to give your users a more streamlined experience for finding and retrieving tabs. The History component is unavailable for Internet Explorer® 7 and 8, but Most Recent Tabs is still available for those browsers.