Welcome to the New Salesforce Mobile App
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, and the Salesforce mobile app for iOS and Android in all editions, except Database.com.
When: Lightning-powered customization options will be available when Spring ’20 rolls out to your org. If your users are running the most recent version of the Salesforce mobile app available in the App Store or Google Play, they’ll see improved navigation and Lightning features. All other changes, including Einstein Voice Assistant (Beta), search Recommended Result, and the Einstein Analytics navigation item, will be available in a mobile app update the week of February 17, 2020.
Why: In Spring ’20, you get everything from Winter ’20 with a few enhancements, based on your feedback.
- The new Salesforce mobile app is yours, automatically
- You don’t have to turn on your Lightning Experience org preference or assign the New Salesforce Mobile App user permission to access the new app admin or end-user experience.
- Essentials is now supported
- Essentials users, rejoice! It’s your turn to experience the productivity-boosting functionality and styling of the new Salesforce mobile app.
- The navigation bar is more customizable
- In a Lightning app, the first four items of your mobile navigation bar reflect the first four tabs of your desktop navigation bar. In the Mobile Only app, the first four items of your mobile navigation bar reflect the first four tabs in your mobile navigation menu. Previously, all but the first item in the navigation bar was fixed.
- Notifications, search, and favorites have new homes
- You can search and view notifications from the top right of the mobile app. You can view your favorites list from the profile menu. Previously, the search, notification, and favorites list icons were located in the navigation bar.