Design Record Pages, Choose Templates, and Configure Components with Mobile in Mind
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience in Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
- Lightning record pages are no longer limited to Lightning Experience on desktop. You can see the same record pages on desktop and in the mobile app. Or you can address the needs of different users by assigning a custom record page for desktop users and another for mobile app users. See which of your pages are assigned to which form factor on the Lightning Record Pages screen in the Object Manager.
- In the Lightning page creation wizard, page templates have an icon and description text that indicate whether the template supports desktop, phone, or both.
- Each component in the palette has an icon representing the form factors that it supports. Before adding a component to a Lightning page, you can see right away whether the component appears when the page is rendered on a specific form factor. You can also use the palette settings menu to refresh the component list and show or hide the form factor icons.
- When editing a Lightning app, the Pages menu shows which record pages are assigned as the app default for each form factor.
- You can show or hide a standard or custom component on a record page based on the device it’s viewed on.
How: Orgs that didn’t opt in to the new Salesforce mobile app in Winter ’20 now have these mobile-related enhancements available in the Lightning App Builder. They already are enabled if your org opted in to the new Salesforce mobile app in Winter ’20.