Move Feed Items for Best Placement
Where: This change applies to Lightning communities accessed through Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Essentials, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Who: System administrators and users with the permission Moderate Communities Feeds can move feed items from one public group feed to another.
Why: Put posts, questions, and polls in the best spot, keep related information together, and help your users find their best audience.
How: In a public group feed, go to a post, question, or poll overflow menu and select Move. In the Move popup, select the public group feed you want to move the item to and click Move.
When you move an item:
- Mentions are preserved.
- Announcements become announcements in the target group.
- Things that are included in or attached to the feed item stay included or
For example, moved items bring their answers, comments, replies, topics, bookmarks, attachments, and other related entities with them. If an answer is marked as best, that status is preserved.
Users receive notifications about the moved feed item according to their preferences. So, assuming users have opted in to the related notification setting:
- People who follow the target group are notified.
- When the person who moved the feed item is also a follower of the target group, that person is notified.
- People who are mentioned in the moved feed item are notified about the mention.
- The moved item’s author isn’t notified because authors aren’t notified about their post actions.