Store Certain Data Privacy Preferences
|Available in: All Editions|
The standard object, Individual, includes fields for storing data privacy preferences in data privacy records. These records are associated with your company’s leads, contacts, or person accounts in Salesforce. Although data privacy records let you track and store certain data privacy preferences, it’s up to you to determine how to honor those preferences. And if your company has special policies with which you comply, you can add your own custom fields to the Individual object.
In data privacy records, track and store customers’ preferences for:
- Collecting, storing, and sharing their personal data
- Packaging their personal data so they can take ownership of it
- Deleting records and personal data related to them
- Solicitation of products and services
- Tracking their geolocation and web activity
Here’s how you let your users track and store certain data privacy preferences.
- From Setup, enter Data Protection and Privacy in the Quick Find box, and then select Data Protection and Privacy.
- Click Edit and select Make data protection details available in records and click Save.
- Add the Individual field to Lead, Contact, or Person Account page layouts.