Enable the New URL Format for Lightning Experience and the Salesforce Mobile App (Critical Update)
|Available in: All Editions|
- Current format: https://<lightning.domain.com>/one/one.app/#/sObject/Account/home
- New format: https://<lightning.domain.com>/lightning/o/Account/home
Custom or installed Lightning components that parse a URL may break or behave differently after this change, especially components with logic that relies on window.location or the aura:locationChange event.
If you have query string parameters appended to /one/one.app such as /one/one.app?myparam1=xyz&myparam2=abc, they’ll be rewritten as /lightning?0.myparam1=xyz&0.myparam2=abc.
Critical Update Timeline
- This critical update is disabled by default in existing orgs in Spring ’18.
- This critical update is enabled by default in new orgs beginning in Spring ’18, for Lightning Experience standard apps and the Salesforce mobile app. It doesn’t apply to Lightning Experience console apps and communities.
- This critical update will be automatically enabled for all orgs on the auto-activation date, currently scheduled for the Summer ’18 production release. The Summer ’18 update will apply to Lightning Experience standard apps, Lightning Experience console apps, and the Salesforce mobile app. Communities won’t be affected. The specific date for your org is available in the Critical Update Console in Setup.
We recommend that you enable this critical update in a sandbox first to test it, and make necessary adjustments before the new URLs go live for everyone.