Track Time with the Time Field Type (Beta)
The time field type is like a timestamp minus the date. You can select the time field type when you create a custom field.
To support using time in formulas, this beta release includes the TIMEVALUE and TIMENOW functions, as well as new HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND, and MILLISECOND functions.
- Time fields are now displayed in time format in reports.
- Adding or subtracting time values uses milliseconds for more precision (previously these operations used hour increments).
- You can convert time values to text or numbers.
- Cannot be added to records in automated flows created in Cloud Flow Designer or processes designed in Process Builder.
- Is not supported in Schema Builder.
- Does not have an Aura UI component.
- Does not support Lightning UI components. If you declare a component with input type "time", then you receive a parsing error at runtime.
- Cannot be converted to the text or number types.
- Doesn’t support the creation of custom indexes for SOQL queries.
- Is not available for standard lookup relationships in external objects.
- Requires the entire time value, including milliseconds, for filtering in reports. For example, use CustomTimeOnly equals 10:00:00.000 to filter a report for 10:00 AM.