Require Customize Application Permission for Direct Read Access to Custom Metadata Types (Critical Update)
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic in Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer, and Database.com editions. Professional Edition orgs can create, edit, and delete custom metadata records only from types in installed packages.
When: This critical update is enforced in the Spring ’20 release.
- Go to the profile or permission set that you want to grant access to.
- Under Enabled Custom Metadata Type Access, click Edit.
- Add the custom metadata type to the list of enabled custom metadata types.
- In Setup, navigate to Schema Settings.
- Deselect Restrict access to custom metadata.