Dev Hub: Now Available in Developer Edition and Trial Orgs
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Classic, and all versions of the Salesforce app in Developer, Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited editions.
When: You can enable Dev Hub in existing orgs when they are upgraded to Winter ’19. You can enable Dev Hub in new trial and Developer Edition orgs starting on October 6, 2018.
Use a Developer Edition or trial Dev Hub to practice:
- Using the Salesforce CLI.
- Creating scratch orgs as development and testing environments.
- Creating second-generation package versions.
- Setting up continuous integration using scratch orgs.
When you plan to move forward, enable Dev Hub in your production or business org because:
- You have higher daily limits for scratch orgs and package versions.
- Continuous integration jobs can require a significant amount of scratch orgs.
- Package versions are associated with your Dev Hub org. When a trial or Developer Edition org expires, you lose access to the package versions.
- Log in as System Administrator to org that you want to use as your Dev Hub.
- From Setup, enter Dev Hub in the Quick Find box and select Dev Hub.
- In the Dev Hub section, click Enable.