Force.com IDE 2: Move from Pilot to Beta
Did you use Force.com IDE 2 in Pilot? Here are some notable changes
for the Beta release.
- Eclipse Version Upgraded from Neon to Oxygen
- The beta version of Force.com IDE 2 uses Eclipse Oxygen. Our downloadable installer installs
everything you need. However, if you are using an update site in Eclipse Neon for the
Salesforce DX pilot, you must use Eclipse Oxygen instead. To set up the beta version, see Get Started with Force.com IDE 2 (Beta) in the Force.com IDE 2 Developer Guide (Beta).
- Command Palette Replaced with Menu Items
- We removed the Salesforce CLI command palette, replacing it with various menu actions. For
more information, see Write Code in Force.com IDE 2 in the Force.com IDE 2 Developer Guide (Beta).
force> Terminal Removed
- We removed the faux terminal that was in the pilot version of Force.com IDE 2. Instead, run
Salesforce CLI commands on your computer’s terminal, or install an Eclipse terminal plug-in
from the Eclipse Marketplace.
- If you still see the Force.com Commands view after installing the beta version of Force.com
IDE 2, select
- Command Status Messages Now Show in Error Log View
- Command status messages that previously displayed in the faux terminal are now shown in
Error Log view in the bottom panel of the IDE. Even when commands are successful, the
information that they return appears in the error log. To filter Error Log view messages, use
the filter text field at the top of the view. For details about a log entry, double-click the
- Problems View Enabled by Default
- The Problems view, which shows syntax errors in your code, now appears automatically in the
bottom panel of the IDE. If you don’t see the Problems view, select