With a focus on source-driven development, Salesforce DX makes it easier for developers to build together and continuously deliver using the tools that make them most productive.
Salesforce DX was built upon these core principles:
- Source code drives everything.
- Metadata and code are modular.
- Environments are easily created and disposable.
- Development is organized around team collaboration.
- Development is based on open standards and extensibility.
- Flexible packaging supports agile distribution model.
- Processes and tools facilitate continuous integration and continuous delivery.