Use Chatter Rich Publisher Apps to integrate your custom apps into the Chatter publisher and to view the app’s payload in a feed. Pop images into a post, launch a form from the publisher—create these and other useful apps. Then use Rich Publisher Apps to integrate your work into the Chatter publisher. This feature is available in Lightning communities.
For proof of concept, we created an app for adding a quotation to a feed post.
To integrate our custom app, we used two new interfaces and a new event.
- lightning:availableForChatterExtensionComposer—Enables a component to be used as an extension for the Chatter publisher.
- lightning:availableForChatterExtensionRenderer—Enables a component to be used as an extension for the Chatter feed item.
- lightning:sendChatterExtensionPayload—Updates the payload and metadata that must be saved during extension composition.
Consider the following when you use Rich Publisher Apps.
- If you remove your custom app or its components, because of caching, users might see your app’s icon and make a selection. But they can’t post it. To prevent lingering UI after you remove your custom app, clear the cache to remove the app's icon and selections.
- The accessibility of your custom app is in your hands. Users can tab through the parts that Salesforce provides—Cancel and Add buttons and the Close icon on the selector. The rest is up to you.