Mobile Platform Requirements
Users can run Salesforce1 on phones and tablets that meet these mobile platform requirements.
Operating System and Version Requirements
Mobile Browser Requirements*
|Android 4.4 or later||Google Chrome on Android|
|iOS 10.0 or later||Apple Safari on iOS|
|Windows 10 (Mobile browser app only)||Microsoft Edge on Windows 10|
|Windows 8.1 (Mobile browser app only)||Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 (Support ends December 17, 2017)|
* The latest mobile browser version is required. Mobile browser requirements apply to the Salesforce1 mobile browser app only.
To allow for innovation and to keep Salesforce1 current in the rapidly evolving mobile market, minimum platform requirements are subject to change at the sole discretion of Salesforce, with or without advance notice.
Mobile Devices Used for Salesforce1 Testing
Salesforce performs automated and manual testing of the Salesforce1 downloadable and mobile browser apps on a select set of mobile devices. For the Summer ’17 release, this is the list of devices used for Salesforce1 testing.
(Mobile browser app only)
Customers aren’t blocked from using Salesforce1 on untested devices that meet current platform requirements.
To allow for innovation and to keep Salesforce1 current in the rapidly evolving mobile market, the list of Salesforce1-tested devices is subject to change at the sole discretion of Salesforce, with or without advance notice.
Customers whose devices meet current minimum platform requirements are eligible to receive Salesforce1 feature updates and fixes.
Our goal is to release Salesforce1 feature and functionality updates to coincide with each Salesforce major release. This information is provided to help with your release planning, but is subject to change at Salesforce’s discretion.
- Mobile Browser App
- Enhanced features and functionality are automatically available with each Salesforce major release.
- Downloadable Apps
- Enhanced features and functionality are provided in major version updates. We aim to release a new major version of the downloadable apps after the completion of each Salesforce major release to all production instances. The timeframe in which a new major version is released varies and can be impacted by factors outside of Saleforce’s control, including new requirements from Apple or Google or changes to the iOS or Android operating systems.
- Customers can install new major and bug fix versions of the downloadable apps from the App Store and Google Play as long as their mobile devices meet Salesforce’s current minimum mobile operating system requirements. If a device is running an older operating system, updated versions of Salesforce1 don’t appear in the app stores.
Customer Support Services for Salesforce1
Salesforce Customer Support uses commercially reasonable efforts to troubleshoot issues with Salesforce1, provided:
- A user’s device meets current minimum platform requirements
- Downloadable app users have the most recent version of Salesforce1 installed
When customers run Salesforce1 on Salesforce-tested devices, it’s more efficient for us to troubleshoot issues with the mobile app. For customers using untested devices, even those meeting minimum platform requirements, we might not be able to replicate some issues due to device manufacturer–specific customizations.
Running Salesforce1 on older devices or devices with low computation and memory capabilities can adversely impact performance of the app, as compared to performance on Salesforce-tested devices.