Deliver Holistic Care and Support with Social Determinants of Health Insights
Where: This feature is available through the Health Cloud Platform permission set license in Lightning Experience in Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited editions where Health Cloud is enabled.
Who: Users must have the Health Cloud Permission Set License and the Health Cloud Platform permission set assigned to them.
Why: To effectively serve all members or patients—especially high-need, high-cost individuals—you need tools to efficiently capture, track, and follow up on social determinants of health. Health Cloud gives you a complete data model and a robust Lightning Experience component that helps you identify issues and create solutions.
How: Add the Care Determinants Lightning component to a case or account Lightning record page. Then use the new standard objects to support a customizable internal library of barriers, social determinants, and interventions.
From a case or an account, the Care Determinants Lightning component captures important information about issues and lets you create an intervention plan to address them.
- Create barriers that describe the social or environmental issues that affect someone (1).
- Select the social determinants that are relevant to each barrier, and view an aggregated list of determinants at the top of the card list (2).
- Create and view tasks and other interventions that address the barrier (3).
- Care Barrier Type—the standard, defined list of barriers used within your company, including the related codes and code types.
- Care Determinant Type—the list of determinants of health maintained in your organization, including the domain and type.
- Care Intervention Type—the standard, defined list of available referrals, programs, or other interventions maintained in your organization.
- Care Barrier—the circumstances or obstacles affecting a member or patient.
- Care Barrier Determinant, which relates a barrier to a determinant for a member or patient.
- Care Determinant—the determinants of health that are relevant to a member or patient.