Available in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions with Pardot Standard, Pardot Pro, or Pardot Ultimate Edition
This feature is included in the Spring '18 release, but is not available until April 2, 2018. Ask your Salesforce account executive to enable this feature if it is not provisioned for your org by that date.
When you enable Connected Campaigns in Pardot, your marketing department can begin connecting their Pardot campaign records to their Salesforce campaign records. Marketing users can then work with their Pardot data right in Salesforce. Then, whether users work with Salesforce or Pardot features, they use the Salesforce campaign record.
Before you enable Connected Campaigns and let users connect their campaigns, keep these considerations in mind.
- To work with connected campaigns, Pardot users need a Salesforce login.
- When you enable Connected Campaigns, only campaigns you connect can be used in Pardot. When you connect a campaign, the Pardot campaign record becomes read-only. Campaigns can’t be created from Pardot. Create campaigns from the Salesforce Campaigns tab.
- Marketers can choose which Salesforce campaign record types to connect to Pardot campaigns. Depending on how your company uses record types, your marketing department can choose not to connect some record types.
- Connecting campaigns lets Pardot users access Customizable Campaign Influence to track the opportunities generated by their campaigns.
- For connected campaigns, Pardot engagement history data becomes available in Salesforce. Add engagement history fields to the page layouts for connected campaign record types.
- Salesforce copies associated marketing forms, marketing links, and list emails from Pardot campaigns to their connected Salesforce campaigns. This data counts against your company’s data storage limits.
- You can connect multiple Pardot orgs to a single Salesforce org, as long as you enable different campaign record types for Connected Campaigns in each Pardot org.
- When a Salesforce campaign connects to a Pardot campaign, it replaces the values of some
Pardot campaign fields.
- Archive Date
- Created By
- Updated By
- Updated At
Enable Connected Campaigns
- From Pardot, go to Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down and click Connect Campaigns.
- Select the Salesforce campaign record types you want to let marketers connect to Salesforce campaigns. The master record type is the default record type included with Salesforce.
- Click Save Account.
- Click Enable Connected Campaigns.
- Click Save Account again.
When you enable Connected Campaigns, Pardot campaign records can only be used to manage campaign membership. Users perform all other campaign tasks on the connected Salesforce campaign records.
- Click Use Salesforce to manage all campaigns. This setting removes the Connect to CRM Campaign action from the Pardot Campaigns page.
- To let Pardot users see any unconnected campaigns, click Show Unconnected Campaigns. This setting only applies when you enable Use Salesforce to manage all campaigns.
Connect Pardot and Salesforce Campaigns
When marketers are ready to connect their campaigns, they can do so one at a time, or in bulk.
To connect an individual campaign, from the Campaigns page in Pardot, choose the Unconnected Campaigns view (1). Click the Connect to CRM Campaign action (2) for the campaign you want to connect and then select a Salesforce campaign to connect.
To connect campaigns in bulk, click Download Mapping Workbook (3). Salesforce exports an Excel spreadsheet with separate tabs listing your Pardot and Salesforce campaigns. Use the Connect Campaigns tab in the spreadsheet to create a connection list. When you are finished, click Upload Completed Workbook (4) and upload your completed spreadsheet.
To connect a new Salesforce campaign to a new Pardot campaign, marketers can simply create a Salesforce campaign. Salesforce creates and connects a Pardot campaign automatically.