Available in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions with Pardot Standard, Pardot Pro, or Pardot Ultimate Edition
When you enable B2B Marketing in Setup, Pardot becomes a native Salesforce app called B2B Marketing within Salesforce. Marketing users can log in to Salesforce, use both Pardot and Salesforce features, and work with their Pardot data right in Salesforce. In the B2B Marketing app, users can connect their Pardot campaign records with Salesforce campaign records, either individually or in bulk. Then, whether users work with Salesforce or Pardot features, they use the Salesforce campaign record.
Before you enable B2B Marketing and let users connect their campaigns, keep these considerations in mind.
- To use the B2B Marketing app, Pardot users need a Salesforce login.
- When you enable Campaign Alignment, all Pardot campaigns become read-only. Only connected campaigns can be used in Pardot. Users can no longer create campaigns from Pardot. Create campaigns from the Salesforce Campaigns tab in the B2B Marketing app.
- To connect campaigns, marketers need the Marketing User permission on their user profile, and the B2B Marketing Automation App permission set license.
- Marketers can choose which Salesforce campaign record types to connect to Pardot campaigns. Depending on how your company uses record types, your marketing department can choose not to connect some record types.
- When a Salesforce campaign connects to a Pardot campaign, it replaces the values of
these Pardot fields.
- Archive Date
- Created By
- Updated By
- Updated At
This action can’t be undone.
- Connecting campaigns lets Pardot users access Customizable Campaign Influence to track the opportunities generated by their campaigns.
- For connected campaigns, Pardot engagement history data becomes available in Salesforce.
- Users can try out connecting campaigns in a Salesforce sandbox paired with a Pardot training environment. If you would like a Pardot training environment, contact Salesforce Support.
Enable the B2B Marketing App
To enable the B2B Marketing app in Salesforce, from Setup enter B2B Marketing Setup in the Quick Find box, and then click B2B Marketing Setup. Then click Turn B2B Marketing On/Off.
To enable Campaign Alignment in the B2B Marketing app, from the Admin tab, choose Account Settings. Then click Enable Campaign Alignment and choose the Salesforce campaign record types you want to allow your marketers to connect to Pardot campaigns. When you complete this action, your Pardot campaigns become read only. To work with them, your marketing team must connect them to Salesforce campaigns.
When marketers are ready to connect their campaigns, they can do so one at a time, or in bulk.
To connect an individual campaign, from the B2B Marketing app (1), click the Pardot Campaigns tab (2). Choose the Unconnected Campaigns view (3). Click the Connect to CRM Campaign action (4) for the campaign you want to connect and then select a Salesforce campaign to connect.
To connect campaigns in bulk, click Download Mapping Workbook (5). Salesforce exports an Excel spreadsheet with separate tabs listing your Pardot and Salesforce campaigns. Use the Connect Campaigns tab to create a connection list. When you are finished, click Upload Completed Workbook (6) and upload your completed spreadsheet.
To connect a new Salesforce campaign to a new Pardot campaign, marketers can simply create a Salesforce campaign. Salesforce creates and connects a Pardot campaign automatically.