In addition to this release’s major features, we’ve made some small-but-notable improvements to Reports and Dashboards. These changes apply to Lightning Experience only.
- Dashboard Component Charts and Tables Display Up to 200 Groupings
- Charts and tables in dashboard components display twice as many groupings as they did before. Previously, 100 groupings per component displayed. Now, see up to 200 groupings.
- Sort Data in Dashboard Component Charts and Tables
- Sort data by label or value ascending or descending.
- Edit, Clone, and Delete Dynamic Dashboards in the Lightning Experience Dashboard Builder
- In Lightning Experience, you can now edit, clone, and delete dynamic dashboards that were created in Salesforce Classic.
- Lightning Experience Dashboard Filters Persist
- Previously, if you set a dashboard filter and then closed the dashboard, the next time you opened the dashboard it would open unfiltered. Now, when you set a dashboard filter and then close the dashboard, the next time you open the dashboard it opens filtered.
- Edit Dashboard Descriptions from the Properties Menu in the Lightning Experience Dashboard Builder
- To edit a dashboard’s description, edit the dashboard and then open the properties menu by clicking .
- View Combo Charts That Include Line Charts
- Previously, if a combo chart included a line chart, then there were some display
differences between Salesforce Classic and
Lightning Experience. In Lightning Experience:
- Combination charts including both a stacked vertical bar chart and a line chart only showed the stacked vertical bar chart. The line chart wasn’t drawn.
- Combination charts with two groupings and a line chart displayed differently in Lightning Experience than they did in Salesforce Classic. In Lightning Experience, the line chart depicted both groupings. In Salesforce Classic, the line chart depicted one grouping (the first one).
- A vertical combination chart with two groupings, two measures, and a line chart displayed as a bar chart in Lightning Experience. The bar chart displayed two groupings, but the measure depicted by the line chart wasn’t shown.
Now, Lightning Experience displays combo charts that include line charts just like they appear in Salesforce Classic.
To add a combo chart to a dashboard, or to edit one, switch to Salesforce Classic.
- Get More Info from Gauge Charts
- Read gauge charts more easily thanks to a redesign which adds values to markers on your
gauge charts. Hover over a gauge segment to get more info about it. Previously, gauge
charts only included values at segment thresholds and segments didn't give additional
information when hovered over.