Now generally available, the Lightning Process Builder is a workflow tool that helps you easily automate everything from daily tasks, like follow-up emails, to more complex processes, like order renewals and new-hire onboarding. In just a few clicks you can automate business processes and help your organization operate more efficiently.
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
The Process Builder’s simple and powerful design allows you to:
- Create your processes by using a convenient visual layout with point-and-click efficiency
- Create your whole process in one place rather than using multiple workflow rules
- Create processes by collaborating with different teams in your business
- Stop using Apex code to automate simple tasks
You can use the more powerful and flexible Process Builder to perform the same actions as workflow. The Process Builder doesn't have a specific outbound message action, but you can create and fully customize your outbound messages using Process Builder's new “Call Apex” action. With the Process Builder, you can:
- Create a record
- Update any related record—not just the record or its parent
- Use a quick action to create a record, update a record, or log a call
- Trigger an autolaunched flow—from immediate and also scheduled actions
- Send an email
- Post to Chatter
- Submit a record for approval
With the Process Builder, it’s easy to get started creating automated business processes. For example, you can create automated processes that:
- Update all the mailing addresses on all child contacts when a billing address is changed on an account.
- Submit a record for approval without requiring users to submit manually.
- Create records and notifications based on stages of an opportunity and schedule follow-up tasks that execute based on changes to records.
- Create an order record with the data in the opportunity and associated account when the opportunity stage changes to closed and won.
- Send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open ten days before the specified close date.