|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
All invocable actions are invoked using a common request object so you don’t have to interface with different SOAP objects or REST JSON body shapes. Invocable actions provide “describe” support so you can programmatically learn what each action’s valid input parameters are, as well as an action’s output values.
- Dynamic input and output values
- Programmatic describe support
- Consistent invocation interface
- Standard actions—These actions can be invoked as-is and don’t need any
setup or creation of an instance.
- Post to Chatter
- Submit for Approval
- Custom actions—You create these actions. Apex actions are
typically created by a developer, while the other actions are created by an administrator.
- Email Alert
- Quick Action
For more information on invocable actions, see Invocable Actions in the REST API Developer’s Guide.