|Available in: Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
If your admin has enabled this feature, you can email your posts to any public group. You can email posts to a private group only if you’re a member. You must use the email address associated with your Salesforce user account.
- From the group detail page, click Post by email below the group description to launch a blank email to the group from your local email client.
- Type your message in the email body and send the email.
The following limitations apply to posting to a group using email:
- The 5,000 character limit for Chatter posts applies to posts created using email. Any text in your email beyond this limit is not included in the post.
- The email subject and any attachments are not included in the post.
- You can create text posts using email and include links in the text. You can’t @mention people, attach files, create polls, or give titles to links when posting to the group by email.
- Character-level formatting, such as the use of bold or different type sizes, is not supported.